This is our up to date list of things that must be in your E.D.C. or Every Day Carry. You may find that you can carry less than what is listed but you may find yourself in need of whatever you leave out in a survival situation so it is best to already have it packed in.
1.Pocket Knife, Swiss Army type is best.
2. Multi tool (Gerber or S.O.G are the best)
3. Quality Map Compass and Map of your area
4. LED Flashlight & spare batteries
6. Water Purification Tabs (see our page on water purification)
7. Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter
8. Collapsible water container and 3 ft. of poly tube
10. 50 ft. Length of 550 Para-cord (minimum)
11. Fire Lighting tool's (1 ea. Pack of water proof Matches and Magnesium Fire Starter)
12. Gloves and a dust mask
13. Prescription and nonprescription medicines.
15. Micro AM/ FM radio with batteries
17. Glow Sticks (at least 2)
18. Gu Gel or Power Bar Gel
19. Fold able Stove (this is the stove we use)
20. Metal spoon
21. Fishing Kit (see our page on kits)
23. Metal cup (Military issue is the best) and should be filled with survival gear and or food stuffs.
24. Signaling mirror
25. Signaling Whistle
26. Snake bit kit
27. Space Bag or space blanket
The list above is what we carry daily in our E.D.C.'s and so should you!
I also carry a small Bible and a couple photos of my loved ones in my kit for the survival of my spirit during rough times.